This course aims to improve the knowledge and skills of Health care Providers from different levels of the health system on cervical cancer prevention, screening, and treatment of pre-cancerous lesions. In addition, it will increase the capacity of health care providers on early detection of invasive cervical through quick recognition of signs and symptoms and prompt referral to the upper level for confirmation of the diagnosis and timely initiation of the treatment. The course has got two parts:
1. Theory component where the learner will get strong knowledge on cervical cancer natural history, epidemiology,...
2. The practical component that will equip the participant with skills to recognize abnormal cervical images, handling devices for treatment of pre-cancerous lesions,...
- Non editing facilitator: Dr Uwinkindi Francois
- Non editing facilitator: Joseph Ngenzi
- Non editing facilitator: David Ntirushwa
- Non editing facilitator: HATEGEKIMANA Vedaste
C-EmONC training provides adequate knowledge and skills needed for the skilled birth attendants (SBAs) to effectively manage perinatal period and its Obstetric emergencies including those which need surgical interventions.
When correctly applied Comprehensive Emergence Obstetric and Neonatal Care (C-EmONC) training skills can contribute to decrease the number of maternal deaths, neonatal deaths and stillbirths taking place in health facilities. Reduction of maternal and neonatal mortality in Rwanda is one of the priorities of the Rwanda Ministry of Health.
- Teacher: Thacien Bucyana